1. The name of the Society is: NORTH OKANAGAN YOUTH SOCCER ASSOCIATION.
2. The purposes of the Society are:
(a) to promote, teach and perpetuate the game of soccer among all youth within the areas covered by the City of Vernon, Province of British Columbia and the North Okanagan Regional District, Province of British Columbia (hereinafter referred to as “youth”);
(b) to encourage, among youth, development of skills, participation and sportsmanship in the game of soccer with emphasis on fair play;
(c) to promote in youth respect for players, officials and spectators at all times;
(d) to receive and accept donations, grants, contributions and gifts of any and every kind and nature whatsoever, whether by way of bequest, demise, gift, contribution or otherwise, and to apply such donations, grants, contributions and gifts in a manner consistent with the purposes of the Society;
(e) to apply for all lawful and necessary grants in aid of the purposes of the Society;
(f) to co-operate with other organizations, whether incorporated or not, which have objects similar in whole or in part to the purposes of the Society; and
(g) to do all such other things as are incidental or conducive to the attainment of the above purposes of the Society.
3. The operations of the Society are to be chiefly carried on in the areas covered by the City of Vernon , Province of British Columbia and the North Okanagan Regional District, Province of British Columbia .
4. The activities and purposes of the Society shall be carried out without purpose of gain for its members and any income, profits or other accretions to the Society shall be used in promoting the purposes of the Society. This provision is unalterable.
5. No Director or Officer shall be remunerated for being or acting as a Director or Officer, but a Director or Officer may be reimbursed for all expenses necessarily and reasonably incurred by him or her while engaged in the affairs of the Society. This provision is unalterable.
6. In the event of the dissolution or winding-up of the Society in accordance with the provisions of the Society Act, all remaining assets, after payment of liabilities, shall be distributed to such organization or organizations that are charitable or non-profit organizations and that are either concerned with promotion of the same or similar purposes of the Society or concerned with sports or recreation within the areas covered by the City of Vernon, Province of British Columbia and the North Okanagan Regional District, Province of British Columbia, such organization or organizations to be designated by the members of the Society by ordinary resolution at the time of the winding-up or dissolution of the Society and, if effect cannot be given to the aforesaid provisions, such assets shall be distributed to some other organization or organizations, provided however that any such other organization to which any such assets are to be distributed shall be, at the time of the distribution, a bona fide Canadian charitable or non-profit organization including, without limitation, the British Columbia Soccer Association. This provision is unalterable.